Senior Civil Engineer
Meinhardt Bonacci is a multi-disciplinary engineering and technical services consultancy with over 60 years’ experience. We work nationally out of Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast and are part of the Meinhardt Group globally, with over 48 international offices.
We pride ourselves on collaboration of knowledge, expertise, and resources globally to service our clients’ needs. In doing so, we transform cities and shape the future.
We deliver iconic projects across the globe where we aim to provide cost-effective, innovative, and buildable design solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations.
Reporting to the Civil Team leader the role of the Senior Civil Engineer is to support the development and growth of the Meinhardt Bonacci Civil team, to provide technical input and design direction and leadership while working on varied projects within the civil team. Secondly, to provide mentoring to the other members of the Civil team where required and, thirdly, to provide assistance in the strategic and continued growth of the business unit where necessary.
The successful candidate will have the responsibilities to support the development and growth of the Meinhardt-Bonacci Structural Team:
- Ability to work independently on Civil Engineering projects and actively manage agreed project budgets and programs.
- Represent Meinhardt-Bonacci Group in a professional manner at meetings with clients and authorities.
- Prepare and review various technical and design reports, drawings and tender documentation.
- Work with the Meinhardt Bonacci structural engineering team to provide support.
- Provide assistance when required with the preparation of civil related proposals and other aspects of Business Development.
- Liaise and seek agreements with all associated consultants, persons, council and government representatives, associated authorities as required.
- Perform periodic site inspections of work under construction as a Senior Civil Engineer to verify that as-built work conforms to the design drawings and technical specifications.8
- Raise any aspect of the project with the Project Manager that may affect contractual agreements in place.
- Demonstrate adequate level of experience in using DRAINS and MUSIC software. 12D, CAD, flooding software experience would be desirable.
- A wide array of beginning to end Design /Construction PM skill sets would be highly valued.
- Ensure company and client deadlines, commitments and expectations are met.
- Manage civil related projects to completion to the Meinhardt Bonacci QA processes and procedures.
- Review information supplied by the client, surveyor, architect, or other sub-consultant to identify details any missing relevant information.
Who Are You?
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Civil)
- 5-10 years’ experience
- CPEng registration with the Institution of Engineers Australia
- Superb written and verbal communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Multitasking and the capability to efficiently manage workload of multiple projects whilst ensuring deadlines are met
- Ability to work in a team
We deliver iconic projects across the globe where we aim to provide cost-effective, innovative, and buildable design solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations. Our most exciting projects to date include Elizabeth North, Ballarat Base Hospital, and Pentridge Prison Redevelopment.
Early reply applications encouraged.