Image Courtesy of Norman Disney & Young
NRAS Residences, Monash University, Clayton Campus
Provision of low-cost student accommodation
The NRAS Residences project enables the provision of low-cost housing through funding provided by the National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS). It involves the construction of two identical buildings, each with two wings of five levels, at Monash University’s Clayton campus.
Key features of this student housing development are 600 studio apartments, addition 2 and 3-bedroom apartments, and communal spaces.
Designed to achieve a 5 Star Green Star Multi-Unit Residential Design and As-built Rating, other features of the NRAS Residences include:
- Natural ventilation, aided by ceiling fans
- High performance double glazing windows
- Solar hot water
- Energy efficient appliances
- Rainwater harvesting tanks
- Greywater harvesting tanks
- Prominent location close to amenities and public transport
Location: Clayton, VIC
Services: Structural Engineering